I have created a new build (176) of 0.4.0 it can be found under nightly builds in the download section. Please give it a twirl as I will update the official 0.4.0 in a day or so.
The main highlights are bugs fixes (as is the intent with 0.4.0 hence forth). New features are in 0.4.1.
- Reading commands from config file should now work better
- Log can be disabled.
- "Fixes" for log getting spammed by PDH error "negative denominator". For a fix see ticket #436 which has a reg patch which sopousedly fixes this which is due to a hypervisor bug or so they say.
- Fixed performance data parsing
See change log for full details.
0.4.1 also has a build out with a new one coming in the next few days or so. The highlights from the 0.4.1 enhancements are:
- NRDP support (very early concept)
- Huge improvement to real-time eventlog checking.
- Cleaned up almost all -Wall warnings.
- New improved socket handling (less bugs)
- Initial support for true ssl (early concept)
- Full (?) ipv6 support (including host validation)
Next up (for 0.4.1) are:
- Proper NRDP support
- check_mk support
And the big question: What would you like to see added/fixed? Feel free to let me know!
Also on my blog I posted a question asking for ideas on what to say when I go to OSMC (Yes, I will actually go this year, despite some previous rumors to the contrary). Check it out here
I am looking for people interested in distributed monitoring!
As some of you might know I am building some features do manage distributed and incoherent monitoring (ie. more then one monitoring tool) so I am interested in getting some real world insight into this area. So if you or anyone you know are interested in this area and want to come with feedback on some ideas I have please don't hesitate to contact me (michael <AT> medin <DOT> name).
Also on a bit more sad note, lack of updates on the wiki/forums is due to ion part preparing for NWC but also on me trying to complete some new cool(?) features which hopefully shall be out this week.